There are many places you can go to get information on saving water. The District recommend are:
- Install low-flow shower heads. These should be 2.5 gallons per minute or less.
- •Install low-flow toilets or dual flush toilets.
- Consider water saving washing machines and dishwashers. Not only do older models use more water - they also use more electricity.
- Use an outside “deduct” meter for watering gardens and lawns, and filling swimming pools or ponds.
- Take shorter showers. A 10 minute shower can use 25 gallons of water. Use a timer if necessary.